Mp3Merge is a free application (source code included) which invokes the DOS copy command to concatenate mp3 files which have the same bitrate together without the need to re-encode the files. Its purpose is to facilitate this task for lots of mp3 files that need to be concatenated together.


I needed a tool to help me re-join many different sermons and other lectures that I had acquired that were broken up into 5-minute segments. I preferred not to do re-encoding because it takes too much time and processing power and I’m always concerned that re-encoding will significantly change the file size or recording quality.

I looked for freeware options but couldn’t find much. Mp3 File Merger seemed promising, but I wasn’t too sure if it was actually doing something. My further digging revealed that it simply created a DOS .bat file of copy statements with the /b (binary) switch. That made me say, “hey, I could write something that does that”. So I didn’t spend any time on the actual “copy” functionality, but worked on making the process quick, easy, seemless, etc…. for me. We’ll, I’ve done that. I like it. So why not let others use it too? So, I tried to clean it up a bit and throw together a basic help file and install process. Hopefully it will work for you too. For a fuller version of how it works, take a look at the html help online.


I don’t have much time or desire to mess with it very much so I can’t promise that it will evolve much. But feel free to contact me if you have questions, feature requests or bug reports…we’ll see what happens! ūüėČ You can use the contact form on the right here, or better yet leave a comment below.


I’ve created a non-elegant French translation of the interface (included…language is changable via an .ini file parameter) and I’d welcome corrections to that and a translation of the help file. I’d, of course welcome translations of any other language and will include them here if they come.

System Requirements:

I can’t say that I know all the real technical requirements, but it’s a Windows 32-bit application written in the AutoIt3 scripting language. I’ve tested it on Win XP Pro, Win 7 and Win 10. I would expect that it would function in at least Win 2000 or better. I can’t say for 98/ME. Feel free to try it, and let me know what it has worked on.

Thanks go to:

AutoIt3 scripting language

MediaInfo .dll


Inno Setup

Download Version 1.0:

Change log:

2009-06-06 – version 1.0 – initial released version